Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Puppy and The Go Cart

Two awesome thing happened today. One I got my puppy and I also built a cool go cart and drove it down my alley.  I will start with the Go Cart, we took one of the carts that has one set of wheels and you can carry boxes with.  Then me and my friends, Jackson and Charlie took a scooter and tied it to the front so our cart had three wheels. We then took string and tied the long tube connected to the handlebars to the cart so it would't move, for breaks we put filled a couple of tires with bricks to stop them from moving.  Finally to make it more comfortable we laid carpet on the top and a stuffed brief case to make a seat.  

My alley is a big hill starting at the top of the street. It was a perfect place for go carts, except for 8th avenue which was at the bottom.  We put a lot of tires so we would not run into the street and get plowed by a truck. Me and my two friends went down together and it worked, we didn't go all the way up though.  After many successful runs me and Jackson, being the thrill seeking boys we are, decided to go without using our feet to slow us down.  We went all the way to the top this time, right of the bat we started picking up speed. Jackson kept telling me to slow down but I kept us straight, to screw with him I shook the wheel back and forth and we almost tipped over. 

We hit the small tires ahead of the main ones and blew those away, right then I thought that those bigger tires weren't going to do much either.  Right after we tore through the two main tires I freaked out, 8th avenue was fifteen feet way. Right as I swerved to the left to avoid the street, Jackson bailed taking me with him. This caused the cart to tip and careen to the right and safely avoid the street.  After all of us laughing hysterically, looking at the large scrape in the pavement and seeing how close to death we were, we decided to go again. With of course a recycling bin behind each tire.

Next the puppy, we had not seen Peaches in a week and I was really surprised at how big she has gotten.  Since we first saw here, she easily could have doubled in size, and weight. Even though she is very small and very adorable, my favorite part about her is all of the wrinkles around her body and face.  Charlie and Jackson liked her a lot, they are also really happy because my old dog Ranger scared them.    

He was a big dog, 130 pounds and was all muscle, he stood three and a half feet off the ground and had a viscous set of teeth. He could get things on counters four feet off the ground, even if they were pushed all the way against the wall. There were very few Ranger free zones. He was very protective, because my TV is in my basement and so was his crate, I would have to drape a blanket over his crate so he would not bark at people. My family loved him very much but we had to give him back to the breeder because he was getting aggressive even towards my mother. 

Now that I have Peaches, I think people will not be as afraid of my dog as they were before. 

1 comment:

  1. The go cart ride is a great slice within itself. The buildup, the trial runs, the crash, and of course doing it again. All told with such energy and real-time excitement! Good luck with Peaches!

    ReplyDelete