Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Hockey Team

Tonight was my last practice, I didn't think that six months ago when my coach said the seasons would go by fast.  Now sitting here I think that had to be my favorite season, the two prior years were okay.  When I played on the Thunderbirds, I didn't really have that good of a social experience. I learned so much on that team, but the kids were all really mean to me and I only had two true friends.  I also really didn't get to know the coaches that well.

This year was completely different,I knew everyone before the season started so that was a really big help. I also thought that because I wasn't playing on a AAA team everyone was a lot more chill and not as rushed.  This kind of bothered me, but I really was happy.  I got a better so that was good, but hockey really became an escape for me. No matter how much we skated every day before practice I waited till I could talk with people that I felt I had an equal playing field.

At practice I was never trying to keep up with the conversation or felt like I was a part of the conversation. I got one of my best friends this year and also made so many more friendships that kids a school can not see me have.  

No comments:

Post a Comment