Monday, March 24, 2014

Dinner With Dad

So about an hour ago my father and I went to the Capital Grill, for some reason I thought it was going to be some kind of cheesy steak restaurants.  But this place was fancy, right as I walked up to the two massive wooden doors I knew I was wrong, then when I walked in and someone offered to hangup my dad and I's jacket. The food there obviously fit in perfectly with the restaurant.

My dad had bought this coupon to the Capital Grill a year ago and at the end of the month it was going to expire. It basically said that each share and appetizer, we feet our own salad, some kind of meat, a side and then desert.

For an appetizer, my dad and I shared a plate of Calamari, fried squid, there was the suckers and the body. The Calamari came with peppers and also onions. It was really good because you tasted both the fried part and the meat but one didn't over power the other.

Next I got a blue cheese and bacon wedge salad. The cheese was extremely rich and delicious and had this nice kind of ranch sauce with it. It was actually kind of hard to eat because in this big wedge, my dad said to cut it up with a knife.  When I did this, it felt like someone had cut up an entire lettuce.

Following the salad was the steak, I got stark au Povire with Courvoisier sauce. This was very filling and I got like 10 oz of it. It was basically steak with peppercorn sauce but in fancy speak, but it was really delicious. As a side my dad got truffle fires and I got asparagus which was surprisingly good.

Desert was the real kicker, at first we had our eyes set on the plain old chocolate cake. Then we saw the hazelnut chocolate cake, we asked our waiter and she said to get to hazelnut chocolate cake. When she returned she brought a massive piece of cake that probably weighed a good pound. It was straight chocolate, but it had this cream sauce that was like plain heavy whipping cream, it is good but plain half and half is better.  


Right now as I right this my stomach rumbles and I groan at every little movement, but it was one of my favorite times I have been with my dad and also one of my favorite meals.

5 comments:

  1. CALAMARI IS GREAT! I love those places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice slice, my mouth watered when I read this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hungry now. Excellent descriptions of the food and the time spent with your Dad. Next time, please save some cake for me :)

    ReplyDelete