Monday, March 10, 2014

Playing With the Dads

The last time my team played the parents we were wholly unprepared for how good they were actually going to be.  It turned out that our coach had recruited guys from the team he had played on as well as dads of kids on my team.  We only had one of our goalies and he decided to trade gear with one of our players so we had a terrible goalie. We still had a great time, our coach is usually a goalie and he dressed up and half way through the game they switched.

But today, my friends Jackson's brother, Andrew, came out and he is big.  He is 15, 6'3" and like 200 pounds and he went for all of the hits. He said that if anyone could knock him over that he would pay them ten dollars, one of our kids  planted him and he kind of sulked off. 

Before all of this happened though we had dry-land. Today was cool we scrimmaged the PeeWee A's which were like ten years old. At first I would just pass it and try not to hit the little ones, but affter they started hitting us and scoring, our team took it up a notch and full on leveling kids. I would try and juke all of the little kids but they outnumbered us and would swarm the puck like bees.  At the end I apologized to all of them.

Anyways, today halfway through me and Andrew were skating into the zone and he abruptly turned up. Because I was bending over and he was a good deal taller than me, his shoulder went straight into my head.  That wasn't the worst part, my legs shot straight into the air and I fell like a rock.  I landed straight onto my hip and it hurt like a "female dog." I could barley skate because most of the strength you get skating, and walking, comes from your hips.  So walking back from the car I could barely move, and I still had to carry my hockey bag.

2 comments:

  1. What does "juke" mean? I'm glad you apologized. This sounds like a painful few games you played. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very interesting and well-told. I hope you don't get seriously hurt some time.

    ReplyDelete