Saturday, March 22, 2014

Immortality

a while ago, I was asking kids around school if they would like to be immortal. What part of living forever does not excite the mind. if you were to ask a person who was terminally ill, don't you think they would say to live longer.  Well, how much longer? 

After asking around I got a verity of answers, most of the little kids said that they would like to live forever. However most of the older kids said that they wouldn't.  In my opinion, we can't really begin to imagine what immortality is. What happens if we get blown up, how could we still manage to live when we don't have any part out our body. 

Sure it might sound cool to live forever, I think it would be cool seeing the future but eventually it would get kind of boring. It would be really terrible seeing your children and their children dying. You would have to loose all of those family connections, and make no true friends.

The way I look at is if I could choose when to die and I slowly aged as well, that would be really cool. But if I was stuck as a 13 year old my entire life, that would suck.

2 comments:

  1. I heard you asking around a bit. I agree with you, living long would be nice, but being stuck at one age might suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually was recently thinking about immortality, too. I mean, immortal creature (vampires, elves, etc.) are not really immortal, are they? They can be killed. How does that all work? I find it confusing. But, I would not want to be immortal.

    ReplyDelete